And finally…





 I have managed to break out and flick through Wargames illustrated Issue 437.


Well packaged and lovely art work!

(All of the following is based on my personal interest. Make your own minds up. Like many things in the hobby to survive we must support each other to thrive).

Observation post:

Reviews of forthcoming stuff and what caught my attention.

Small deadly space 2nd edition by Steve Fratt.

Helios & Company- victory or death by David C Bonk

Release Radar:

A look at miniatures, I glanced quite liked the crooked dice releases. 

Quick fire a look at the readerships efforts, some great stuff but only 2 page spread.

Causing a Ruckus (main theme) :

Mike Peters and co tell us about Ruckus the free game this month, three page interesting enough read.

***A quick break here to have a look at Ruckus the rule book.  Now I was really getting into this and really got excited about it. It’s presented well and reads (for me ) excellent I caught up pretty quick.  Right so the cards, didn’t put me off, what an excellent and interesting idea, they really drive the narrative.   Unfortunately for me it means I have to write them or print them at the library,  you have to down load them.  So unfortunately it will sit there with the others until time permits at some point.***

Melee in the age of Penda:

Daniel Mersey article, interesting read about how Steve Jackson games 1970’s stuff helped develop some ideas.

The rest is summed up with this picture, read very little else fully.

Are wargaming magazines for me any more? I would say yes, just because some bits and bobs were not to my taste doesn’t mean there will be nothing. 

Was it worth while ? I think so, I gained a lot from what I did like, if my personal circumstances were different I would have been able to have a go at Ruckus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh just mukkin’ about…

The Void

Wombel report