Collector?



 Being a collector does not come to me naturally, I kind of talk myself out of it quite a bit.  Having had to pack away projects and things I love for life’s little uncertainties affirms that.  Every time I feel comfortable with a certain “thing” the joys of it are snapped out of reach, or taken away entirely.  

I will never be a serious collector, more of a grab it while it’s there.  These Star Wars micro galaxy squadron fit this bill well, especially these blind boxes. 


Scarily I have 26 now! The good news is they are quite storable and portable.  


Series 2 assortment 


Series 4 assortment 


Series 4 assortment.

These have been quite difficult to find in the wild a good hunt around is required and a lot of luck, now bare in mind I’ve probably missed a series or two (they are on I think series 6?).

I am of course trialing my “accident rules” for play with these and sort of close to something on the first play, though… there is another way.

I have been watching some toy hunters on YouTube lately which has been quite entertaining and has given me some great ideas.  I have started to promote more analog play with my children.  I feel this is something they are potentially missing out on as it has certain strengths to it starting with imagination, problem solving, sharing and story telling.


Just with the meagre selection above the boys sent villains to jail, and saved a bridge collapsing.  Finding the ninja turtle attack vehicle was a bonus today (£1.50!) has action features on it and sound, little one was really laughing as the pop out attack struck enemy’s flying.  Their sister who is older was a real great story teller let’s hope she joins in with her ideas soon!

This bit of play time was great, given the chance I will have to promote this, will I win against the electronic? I doubt but will I be there ready for another go ? Of course!  Maybe even next time with the older ones I can use some of the Star Wars collection? (They are too small for the littlest still).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Void

Oh just mukkin’ about…

Wombel report